It is one of the best preserved and least known districts of Paris. New Athens attracted the whole of Paris under the Empire and the Restoration : generals, financiers, but especially painters, actors,
writers, all want to live in this new district at the same time peaceful and rural.
We will meet the famous actors Talma, Miss Mars and
Miss Duchesnois, the writers George Sand, Alexandre Dumas and Victor Hugo, the painters Ary Scheffer, Horace Vernet and Paul Delaroche,
the composers Frederic Chopin and Richard Wagner, the singer Pauline Viardot.
Secret gardens, hidden squares, small neo-classical houses, this picturesque and surprisingly well-preserved area offers many
Hotel de Württemberg
Practical information :
– Meeting Point : in front of Pigalle fountain
– Duration : 2 hours
– Guided tour in English
We only take reservations for groups. We cannot link single people to a group.
– family/friends package (up to 5 people) : 100 €
– group package from 6 to 9 people : 120 €
– group from 10 people : 13 € per participant
– children less than 13 years : 8 €
– school groups ou students : 10 € per participant (minimum 10 participants).
To book a guided tour, thank you for completing our form. We will get back to you shortly.