It acted like a magnet attracting a wide range of Parisians such as generals, bankers together with artists, painters and writers. All wanted to live in this new district attracted by the peaceful countryside. Famous cultural residents included the comedians Talma, Melle Mars and Melle Duchesnois, writers (Georges Sand, Alexandre Dumas and Victor Hugo), painters (Ary Scheffer, Horace Vernet, Paul Delaroche), composers (Frédéric Chopin and Richard Wagner), and opera singers (Pauline Viardot). The area boasts magnificently preserved buildings including secret gardens, hidden squares and neo-classical architecture.
Hotel de Württemberg
Practical information :
– Meeting Point : in front of Pigalle fountain
– Duration : 2 hours
– Guided tour in English
We only take reservations for groups. We cannot link single people to a group.
– family/friends package (up to 5 people) : 100 €
– group package from 6 to 9 people : 120 €
– group from 10 people : 13 € per participant
– children less than 13 years : 8 €
– school groups ou students : 10 € per participant (minimum 10 participants).
To book a guided tour, thank you for completing our form. We will get back to you shortly.