Artists’ studios, rue Campagne-Première
A former hill named Mont Parnasse by the students, this area reached its peak during the Roaring Twenties. Montparnasse became the epicentre of intellectual and artistic life. A community of artists, the Montparnos, invented the Paris school. They regularly frequented cafés and breweries: the Rotunda, the Dome, the Select, the Dome or the Closerie des Lilas.
In the countless workshops still visible, we will meet the painters Pablo Picasso, Amadeao Modigliani, Fernand Léger, Chaim Soutine, Tsuguharu Foujita, Marc Chagall, the writers Max Jacob, Jean-Paul Sartre, Paul-Léon Fargue, Henry Miller, sculptors Antoine Bourdelle and Constantin Brancusi, or photographers Man Ray and Eugène Atger.
La villa Marie Vassilieff
We only take reservations for groups. We cannot link single people to a group.
Usefull information :
– Meeting point : 3 rue du Départ, in front of Gaumont Parnasse cinema
– Duration : 2 hours.
– Guided tour in English
– family/friends package (up to 5 people) : 100 €
– group package from 6 to 9 people : 120 €
– group from 10 people : 13 € per participant
– children less than 13 years : 8 €
– school groups or students : 10 € per participant (minimum 10 participants).
To book a guided tour, thank you for completing our form. We will get back to you shortly.