The house of the Batellerie
Inspired by the Modernist movement, embodied by Le Corbusier, the ‘brutalist’ architectural’s movement derives its name from the use of raw materials such as reinforced concrete, bricks, steel and glass being clearly visible on the new constructions.
Paris’s 13th district in the east displays a wide range of brutalists’ buildings : the Tolbiac university, the Tour du Nouveau Monde, the Maison de la Batellerie, the imposing Caserne Massena, the Salvation Army foyer, which you will discover through this tour, as well as contemporary buildings which testify to the revival of modern architecture.
fire station Masséna
We only take reservations for groups. We cannot link single people to a group.
Usefull information :
– Meeting point : 18 quai d’Austerlitz, in front of the house of the Batellerie
– Duration : 2 hours
– Guided tour in English
– family/friends package (up to 5 people) : 100 €
– group package from 6 to 9 people : 120 €
– group from 10 people : 13 € per participant
– children less than 13 years : 8 €
– school groups or students : 10 € per participant (minimum 10 participants).
To book a guided tour, thank you for completing our form. We will get back to you shortly.
the tower of the New World