The storming of the Bastille on July 14, 1789
Our trip will allow us to relive the key moments of the French Revolution starting from the Palais Royal and ending at the Place la Concorde which was previously called Place Louis XV.
At the Palais Royal, one of the starting sites of the Revolution, we will talk about Camille Desmoulins and Nicolas de Pâris, the murderer of Marquis de Saint Fargeau. After the royal family was imprisonned, the Committee of Public Salvation moved into the Queen’s appartment at the Tuileries while the Assembly moved into the machine rooms.
We will proceed to the rue Saint Honoré where Olympe de Gouges, one of the first feminists lived, along with Docteur Guillotin and members of the Club des Feuillants, where all the Constitutional Assembly had established its first office (destroyed). Finally, we will arrive at Place Louis XV (La Concorde) where Louis XVI, Marie-Antoinette, Robespierre and Charlotte Corday were beheaded.
We only take reservations for groups. We cannot link single people to a group.
Usefull information :
– Meeting point : place Colette, outside Palais-Royal metro station (line 1)
– Duration : 2 hours.
– Guided tour in English
– family/friends package (up to 5 people) : 100 €
– group package from 6 to 9 people : 120 €
– group from 10 people : 13 € per participant
– children less than 13 years : 8 €
– school groups or students : 10 € per participant (minimum 10 participants).
To book a guided tour, thank you for completing our form. We will get back to you shortly.
The Tuileries Palace: the scene of many events during the French Revolution