Jacques-Louis David, Bonaparte, Premier consul, franchissant le Grand-Saint-Bernard
This visit allows you to discover the historical, military and civil monuments associated with the Napoleonic era. Napoleon built many new monuments and buildings that both celebrated his military victories but also made significant improvements to the everyday lives of Parisians. For example : two Arcs de Triomphe (the Carrousel Arch is the starting point of this tour) in the Jardin des Tuileries honoured his many military victories.
Following Parisian demands for improving the water needs of the capital, he built the Ourcq canal and fifteen public fountains, one of the most famous being The Palm fountain at the Place du Châtelet. He also introduced the even odds numbering of the capital’s streets.
We only take reservations for groups. We cannot link single people to a group.
Usefull information :
– Meeting point : in front of Carrousel arch, place du Carrousel – Palais-Royal Metro station.
– Duration : 2 hours.
– Guided tour in English
– family/friends package (up to 5 people) : 100 €
– group package from 6 to 9 people : 120 €
– group from 10 people : 13 € per participant
– children less than 13 years : 8 €
– school groups or students : 10 € per participant (minimum 10 participants).
To book a guided tour, thank you for completing our form. We will get back to you shortly.