The Monceau Park : the Naumachie
The Monceau plain was urbanized during the Second Empire under the impulse of the Pereire brothers. Around the former park of the Chartres folly are traced beautiful avenues, closed by sumptuous gates. Capitalism triumphed at this time and the neighbourhood was prized by the new industrial and banking fortunes : les Menier, Chauchard, Crosnier, Dreyfus, Rothschild, Nissim de Camondo, Cernuschi, Reinach, Pereire get sumptuous mansions of classic or eclectic style built. These houses are most often used as a setting for the collections of paintings and furniture, signs of success and good taste.
We will make you discover the Parc Monceau and the most beautiful mansions that surround it. We will also follow in the footsteps of writer Marcel Proust who found the inspiration for several characters in his novels.
The Emile-Justin Menier mansion
We only take reservations for groups. We cannot link single people to a group.
Usefull information :
– Meeting point : outside Courcelles metro station (line 2).
– Duration : 2 hours.
– Guided tour in English
– family/friends package (up to 5 people) : 100 €
– group package from 6 to 9 people : 120 €
– group from 10 people : 13 € per participant
– children less than 13 years : 8 €
– school groups or students : 10 € per participant (minimum 10 participants).
To book a guided tour, thank you for completing our form. We will get back to you shortly.
The Chinese Pagoda