The Petite Alsace
The Butte aux cailles district retains the charm of a picturesque working-class village in the heart of Paris. Principally known for its production of flour, thanks to the numerous windmills or watermills : the river Bièvre flowed underneath.
Urbanized in the middle of the 19th century, the village will become famous for the resistance shown by its residents at the time of the Paris Commune. The area’s charm lies in the quiet and green passageways where small residential houses were built.
Our visit will allow you to discover these picturesque alleys as well as unusual buildings such as the swimming-pool fed by an artesian well, the Petite Alsace, the village Daviel, the square des Peupliers and the Petite Russie.
The Peupliers square
We only take reservations for groups. We cannot link single people to a group.
Usefull information :
– Meeting point : in front of the swimming-pool buidling, place Paul Verlaine
– Duration : 2 hours
– Guided tour in English
– family/friends package (up to 5 people) : 100 €
– group package from 6 to 9 people : 120 €
– group from 10 people : 13 € per participant
– children less than 13 years : 8 €
– school groups or students : 10 € per participant (minimum 10 participants).
To book a guided tour, thank you for completing our form. We will get back to you shortly.
The villa Daviel